Darul Uloom Zakariyya (formerly Madrasah Zakariyya) was established as a Religious and Charitable trust in 1983 to provide and impart higher Islamic Education to the Muslim Community.
Aims and Objectives:
- To establish the teachings of the Qur’an al-Kareem and to provide facilities for the memorisation of the Qur’an al-Kareem.
- To protect, preserve and promulgate the Sunnah of Nabi Muhammad (Sallallahu’alaihi Wasallam) and his Noble Companions.
- To uphold, preserve and promote the Shariah (Islamic Legal Code) as expounded by the four schools of jurisprudence.
- To maintain, preserve and promote the Aqa’id (doctrine) of Islam as expounded by the Ahl al-Sunnah wa al-Jama’ah.
- To protect the religion of Islam from innovations as is manifested in the beliefs and practices of deviated sects, groups and movements.
- To promote and encourage participation in Tazkiya (Inner Self-Reformation Programmes) and Dawah and Tabligh (Dissemination of Faith) activities.
- To print and publish Islamic literature.
- To promote the religious, spiritual and educational advancement of the Muslim community
- To extend aid and assistance to the needy and indigent members of the Muslim Community.
- To found, build and maintain Masaajid, Madaaris and other similar institutions for the use and benefit of the Muslim community.
- To further brotherhood and co-operation within the Muslim community.
The Darul Uloom is:
- A Non-Profit Organisation registered with the department of Social Services.
- A Public Benefit Organisation recognised by the South African Revenue Service.
The Darul Uloom is situated on the outskirts of Lenasia, approximately 20km south of Johannesburg, near the suburb of Zakariyya Park.